Pages: 1 [2] 3   Bas de page
«Imprimer»
Auteur Fil de discussion: Campaign and Slogans  (Lu 402 fois)
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #15 le: 2 d�cembre 2010, 09:26:21 »

I seem to remember them adding another "Usque Ad Mare" to the end of that a decade ago. Did that not stick?

There was a movement to do so, and it's sometimes used by people wanting to be inclusive, but it's not official.

Regardless, we can't use the motto for Canada. There's got to be a law against that somewhere. Additionally, most people don't know that's Canada's slogan, and almost no one can read Latin anymore. Defeats the purpose I think.

Jake adopted “from coast to coast, from sea to sea” a while back, but I don't think it was ever formalized. I think it's okay, and included it in the custom Gelaskin I ordered for myself (along with a rudimentary French translation), but I'm certainly open to others more relevant to our platform rather than a mere play on our name. I'm not exactly sold on anything suggested thus far, but I don't have the right to veto anything that others agree on, nor would I.
« Dernière édition: 2 d�cembre 2010, 09:29:50 par Mikkel Paulson »
Biogrand
Forum Member

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #16 le: 2 d�cembre 2010, 06:10:41 »
+1

Regardless, we can't use the motto for Canada. There's got to be a law against that somewhere.

If there are no law that objects to using Canada's motto, then there is no reason not to use it.

Additionally, most people don't know that's Canada's slogan, and almost no one can read Latin anymore. Defeats the purpose I think.

Well no one is ever gonna know either if no one gets the message out that it is Canada's motto.

When confronted with a problem: an open-minded person would first observe, analysis and act with a strategy solve to the problem.
However, a close-minded person would retort to brute force, tantrums and even hysterias when confronted with a problems
Rintaran
Federal Clerk
PPCA Representative

Open your mind to the world you missed.
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #17 le: 2 d�cembre 2010, 10:56:53 »

If there are no law that objects to using Canada's motto, then there is no reason not to use it.

Well no one is ever gonna know either if no one gets the message out that it is Canada's motto.

Points to Biogrand!  Too true on that. I don't even know where to look in the disorganized mess they call Canadian Law to see if there's something against using it.

-Shawn R. Gray, OCT
http://www.shawngray.ca
Mike Bleskie
English PR Director
PPCA Representative

Wiara i wolność.
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #18 le: 3 d�cembre 2010, 02:49:56 »

It's irrelevant to what we specifically do. I'm not a fan of it for that reason.

Biogrand
Forum Member

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #19 le: 3 d�cembre 2010, 05:04:49 »

Points to Biogrand!  Too true on that. I don't even know where to look in the disorganized mess they call Canadian Law to see if there's something against using it.

Just use it and wait till you get a threatening lawsuit letter from the government telling you to discontinue the use of the motto then you'll know for sure Tongue

When confronted with a problem: an open-minded person would first observe, analysis and act with a strategy solve to the problem.
However, a close-minded person would retort to brute force, tantrums and even hysterias when confronted with a problems
HamiltonOntario
Forum Member

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #20 le: 17 d�cembre 2010, 06:45:46 »

1 The accessibility of distributed resources carries with it the need for an information                           
                                            service that enables users

2 the appropriate "host protocols" for intercommunicating over the subnetwork.
CraigNobbs
Candidate
Forum Member

Proudly Canadian!
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #21 le: 19 d�cembre 2010, 10:20:30 »

You're all over thinking it.   Here's my offering:

Vote for us because we wont screw you over.     Grin

Short and sweet! 
Concerned Citizen
Forum Member

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #22 le: 23 d�cembre 2010, 12:51:10 »

Short and sweet! 

Bingo, we have a winner.

Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.
-James Madison
Ayes
Forum Member

sharing is caring
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #23 le: 23 d�cembre 2010, 02:16:42 »

how about "100100101101101010"

snuck up behind him and took his Quran - he said something about burning the Quran and I was like dude you have no Quran
psema4
Forum Member

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #24 le: 23 d�cembre 2010, 02:53:30 »

Short and sweet! 

I like this one for a few reasons.  For one It is short and sweet.  For another it's a bold statement for a party to make, one that I think a great many voters can relate to.  Yet another is that it introduces a certain language into public politics that, while not quite swearing, is both strong and effective.

--
Scott Elcomb
Ayes
Forum Member

sharing is caring
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #25 le: 27 d�cembre 2010, 05:50:07 »

I'm going to throw in my vote against that slogan, because it comes off as harsh. I might come to love it, but I think we'd better keep a positive face to other parties, because we are going to have to function alongside them.

snuck up behind him and took his Quran - he said something about burning the Quran and I was like dude you have no Quran
Ayes
Forum Member

sharing is caring
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #26 le: 27 d�cembre 2010, 05:50:41 »

How bout  "Ayes on the Future"

Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #27 le: 27 d�cembre 2010, 02:15:39 »

I'm going to throw in my vote against that slogan, because it comes off as harsh. I might come to love it, but I think we'd better keep a positive face to other parties, because we are going to have to function alongside them.

I agree. A positive message is part of what will set our party apart.

How bout  "Ayes on the Future"

I'm sure you'd like that. Smiley
Ayes
Forum Member

sharing is caring
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #28 le: 27 d�cembre 2010, 07:40:03 »

it uses the same pun as my username, i admit it

Sean Hunt
Meeting Chairman
PPCA Representative

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #29 le: Hier à 03:45:57 »

it uses the same pun as my username, i admit it
Do the ayes have it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Haut de page
«Imprimer»

Aller à: