Pages: 1 [2]   Bas de page
«Imprimer»
Auteur Fil de discussion: Bill C-32 Awareness Campaign  (Lu 393 fois)
gylany
Forum Member

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #15 le: 26 septembre 2010, 09:51:53 »

Here are some of the suggestions that have been made:

>I'd like to see us do something like put up a 'Stop C-32' banner on the Pirate Bay - they've had an anti-patent >one on there recently so they might be willing to do that. We could link it to a public statement on the site here.

>Some questions we could ask..
>Does this section violate our current rights against arbitrary search and seizure?
>How would this section have changed the outcome of BMG vs. John Doe(2004)?
>How will we compare to the USA in this regard if Bill C-32 passes?
>What is the potential precedent that this section will provide? Does this mean the end of privacy when online?

>Other ideas might be a regular (weekly?) mail-out to our media contacts with updates on what's happening >with links to material  opposing C-32, encouraging party members to post statements on local websites, >putting a youtube video together of a party rep reading a statement on C-32 and posting that / submitting it >to mainstream news outlets, publicly challenging MP's and party leaders to oppose the bill publicly.

Anyone interested in following up on these ideas?
Jay Frank
Forum Member

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #16 le: 27 septembre 2010, 03:16:43 »

That's an interesting stance. What's the logic behind that?

Ya...the science is settled.
C-32 increases the temperature of the sun....it's also primary reason the climate is changing on Mars....
Think of the Martian children!  Give up your freedom so that the government can protect you!

The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.
-Plato
gylany
Forum Member

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #17 le: 27 septembre 2010, 06:58:09 »

I guess we'll just have to hope for an early election...
Nuitari
Director-at-Large
PPCA Representative

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #18 le: 27 septembre 2010, 09:07:34 »

Maybe we could use

http://www.liberal.ca/openmike
The Mad Hatter
Forum Member

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #19 le: 28 septembre 2010, 11:10:38 »

That's an interesting stance. What's the logic behind that?
Go read the article at http://madhatter.ca, I tried to explain it so that even a lawyer would be able to understand. But the basic point is that un-needed CUP cycles use power, and what else could you call DRM than an un-needed CPU cycle?
The Mad Hatter
Forum Member

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #20 le: 28 septembre 2010, 11:12:03 »

I don't see a connection with climate change, but requiring the re-purchasing of movies/music/etc for every device does represent significant waste.
Go read the article. It's pretty simple.

FYI, do you know how ecologically damaging Compact Disc and Digital Video Disc production is? If you won't, you should look into it.
Concerned Citizen
Forum Member

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #21 le: 28 octobre 2010, 03:14:31 »

Just my humble opinion.
I'm not sure its entirely fair to say Mr. Geist is " full out" supporting the bill.
What he does say is" if we can find a compromise on digital locks, I think this is a bill worth supporting."  Of course the compromise on digital locks is a large part of the bill and the part the general public should be interested in. It has implications across the whole spectrum of time shifting, libraries, file sharing, digital licenses, etc.
If I am allowed to break a lock, and it's not illegal to have lock breaking programs for non commercial use, a lot of the issues start to go away.
We need to get a bill out there to replace what we currently have, what we need to do is lobby to change it, before it's adopted.
Calling for a complete stop to it, is pretty far fetched at this point I should think.

I got a letter response from the Liberals the other day, since I forwarded them a copy of something I wrote to the Conservatives ( just to let my local MP know I'm not happy with the current bill). Here's a quote from a part of it.
"we believe that Canadian consumers who have legitimately purchased a CD or a DVD or other product should also have the ability to transfer their purchase onto their iPod or make a personal backup copy on their computer, so long as they are not doing so for the purposes of sale or transfer to others. "
C. McKone
Office of Michael Ignatieff
Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada
They have almost got it right, they loose me a bit with the" transfer to others".part.
But they show they are at least close to the correct track, and are willing to press for change.
It's better we work with whats presented, since its taken over 4 years just to get what we have now in front of us, than to throw the whole works out and start again.
again just my opinion.

So you live in Etobicoke-Lakeshore too Smiley

I personally dont like Iggy. He spent a majority of his life outside of Canada (mostly in the US). I cant help but feel he's not in it for the good of all Canadians but rather big US media conglomorates... I wouldnt trust him as far as I could thow him, then again Dion wasnt any better with shouting carbon tax all over the place.

Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.
-James Madison
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #22 le: 28 octobre 2010, 11:21:20 »

I cant help but feel he's not in it for the good of all Canadians but rather big US media conglomorates...

I won't argue with that, but that goes double for Harper.
Concerned Citizen
Forum Member

Hors ligne Hors ligne

« Répondre #23 le: 28 octobre 2010, 03:35:04 »

I won't argue with that, but that goes double for Harper.

I dont like any of the current choices... Thats why I'm part of this party Smiley

Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.
-James Madison
Pages: 1 [2]   Haut de page
«Imprimer»

Aller à: