Pages: [1]   Go Down
«Print»
Author Topic: Exactly who leads the Liberals - some suggest it not Ignatieff  (Read 73 times)
Anthony

Respect: 0

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2010, 12:22:38 PM »

"Who leads the Liberal Party of Canada? It is a question that I am sure many of us are contemplating. On Thursday, for the second time in a week, we witnessed the astonishing sight of seeing (see name in article), not Michael Ignatieff, signal a potential change to a long-standing Liberal Party position."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/silver-powers/who-leads-the-liberals/article1592055/

"All great movements are popular movements. They are the volcanic eruptions of human passions and emotions, stirred into activity by the ruthless Goddess of Distress or by the torch of the spoken word cast into the midst of the people."
Mikkel Paulson
Candidate nominee
PPCA Representative

Respect: +18

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 02:50:46 PM »

Rae (sorry to let the cat out of the bag there) would have won the Liberal leadership anyway had Iggy not made a backroom deal that proclaimed him the victor.
Mike Bleskie
PR Representative.
PPCA Representative

Respect: +3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 02:21:10 PM »

I would have preferred Rae over Ignatieff any day. However, the person who I think SHOULD take a bigger role and take over the liberals would have to be Gerard Kennedy.

Nuitari
Director
PPCA Representative

Respect: +1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 03:31:25 PM »

I think it's a case of out with the old, in with the new that is needed for the Liberal party.
Mikkel Paulson
Candidate nominee
PPCA Representative

Respect: +18

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 05:35:10 PM »

The problem with the Liberals right now is that I'm not convinced that there is anyone at the wheel. They've been spinning aimlessly for years. What they need is a leader, any leader, who can actually lead.
Anthony

Respect: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 07:22:32 PM »

The problem with the Liberals right now is that I'm not convinced that there is anyone at the wheel. They've been spinning aimlessly for years. What they need is a leader, any leader, who can actually lead.

Agree, when you have NDP on the left/center spectrum and the Conservative on right/center spectrum - it doesn't give the Liberal a lot of ground to establish themselves as unique in the spectrum that separate them from the other parties.

Plus I don't think the Liberals really follow a solid ideology as this point, as they wandering back and forth from different spectrum without having a clear course of ideology as the CPC follows liberal/conservatism and NDP with social democracy.

What makes PPCA special is the issue of privacy/copyleft that makes them unique. As for transparency and open government, not so much as almost every single 19 political register party also advocate for open government and transparency.

"All great movements are popular movements. They are the volcanic eruptions of human passions and emotions, stirred into activity by the ruthless Goddess of Distress or by the torch of the spoken word cast into the midst of the people."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
«Print»

Jump to: