Linked Events
  • General Meeting: December 19, 2021
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
«Print»
Author Topic: General Meeting – December 19, 2021  (Read 626 times)
securr
Forum Member

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 07:17:43 PM »

I'd like to move to create a committee to explore the feasibility and potential of interconnecting politics and technology in dynamic ways.

A 'technology & politics" pirate party of canada think tank.

I don't know if this is the best way to suggest the motion, so if this is not the place I apologize. I feel like it would benefit the party to create a creative committee for the exploration of this fledgling landscape, even things that we couldn't necessarily do. It would be good for the public image of the party if we could harvest some raw and creative ideas and provide some information that backs up their feasibility.

Subjects we could do internal reports on could be things like: Internet Sovereignty, Digital Direct Democracy, PirateLeaks, Political Social Networking (facebook applications/ twitter/etc.), Legalized Piracy, and more. We could harness all of the creative energy and internet knowledge of the party as a whole to provide thoughtful analysis on future issues, without directly changing or updating our platform. The more discussion on these kinds of issues that we have the better, in my opinion.

Could that potentially fall under the research committee, it does sound like something I would be interesting in doing.
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 07:25:12 PM »

Yeah, those are definitely avenues that we should be exploring, but I'm not sure that we should have a committee so narrow in scope. I'll add it to the agenda, though.
Biogrand
Forum Member

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 12:46:32 AM »

Yeah, those are definitely avenues that we should be exploring, but I'm not sure that we should have a committee so narrow in scope. I'll add it to the agenda, though.

How about having 3 general committee?
1) committee A: where copyright reform, patent law reform would fall under. The general theme is law.
2) committee B: is where privacy and net-neutrality falls in. The general them is security.
3) committee C: is where open government/transparency (wikileaks) would reside The general theme is honesty.

This idea is to help split/share and accomplish more efficiently on issues without overwhelming a single committee on multiple of issues.

When confronted with a problem: an open-minded person would first observe, analysis and act with a strategy solve to the problem.
However, a close-minded person would retort to brute force, tantrums and even hysterias when confronted with a problems
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 01:12:27 AM »

It's up to you, but I think we have too many committees doing not enough already. If you think you can find the people for them, it would work wonderfully.
Ayes
Forum Member

sharing is caring

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 05:53:32 AM »

Maybe our committee structure should be broadened, and we should encourage higher cross-committee membership. (Even giving non-committee members visual access to some of the private forums could increase people's desire to participate)

I feel like if we can get a good rapport going with a regular cast of posters, we could hopefully make some great progress through the discussions.

snuck up behind him and took his Quran - he said something about burning the Quran and I was like dude you have no Quran
trailblazer11
Forum Member

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 10:38:07 AM »

Can I share the draft of the flyer that I did and get the members input during this meeting?
Rintaran
Federal Clerk
PPCA Representative

Open your mind to the world you missed.

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 06:10:20 PM »

Sounds like a good idea trailblazer11.

Also, I'm going to be late for the meeting. I have to pick someone up from the bus terminal.  Probably looking at 8:45pm. Someone take notes eh?

-Shawn R. Gray, OCT
http://www.shawngray.ca
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 07:03:41 PM »

Will do.
Rintaran
Federal Clerk
PPCA Representative

Open your mind to the world you missed.

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 07:07:15 PM »

The Minutes and Transcript are now posted. Be sure to read through the relevant parts before voting.

Minutes:

http://wiki.pirateparty.ca/index.php/GM_2010-12-19_minutes

Transcript:

http://wiki.pirateparty.ca/index.php/GM_2010-12-19_transcript

-Shawn R. Gray, OCT
http://www.shawngray.ca
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
«Print»

Jump to: