Pages: [1]   Go Down
«Print»
Author Topic: Important information for meeting planners  (Read 600 times)
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« on: June 02, 2010, 10:09:10 PM »

Administrative:
When scheduling a meeting, as soon as a date is set, please send me a message so that I can promote it on Facebook/Twitter/etc. Please schedule meetings at least two weeks in advance.

Your job doesn't end there. You should also get the word out among your friends, in your community, put up posters advertising your event, and so forth. If only two people show up, it doesn't reflect well on the Party. You must ensure that people are able to find your event, so post an address and clear directions. Ensure that you choose a venue with a noise level low enough for comfortable conversation. Make a reservation if applicable. Arrive in advance and ask the staff to direct attendees to you. If possible, wear PPCA or stereotypical pirate regalia so as to be immediately recognizable.

All members regardless of status are free to schedule meetings as they see fit. However, please bear in mind that if you are not an official representative of the Party, you can bill yourself as meeting organizer and describe our goals and priorities, but you cannot speak on our behalf.

Technical:
If you already have a date and time in mind, visit the calendar and click "Post Event". Don't forget to include the city/area in your event name. After setting the name and time, leave the other settings at their defaults and click Post. Set the thread subject to the same as your event name and describe the time, location, and expected agenda in the post body.

If you would like to arrange an event in your area but don't have a specific date in mind, create a new topic instead. Once a date and time have been chosen, click Link to Calendar at the bottom of the thread and provide a date and time to get things moving. Again, send me a message when you've got a firm time selected.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 04:51:38 AM by Mikkel Paulson »
Nuitari
Director-at-Large
PPCA Representative

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 11:38:10 PM »

We also now have bumper stickers that we can send out to meeting organizers.
Simply PM me with the address, the quantity you want to get, and the date of your meeting.
Jack Daniels
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 02:56:33 PM »

I would also like to suggest (and submit to Mikkel and the other leaders) that you check out the essays I recently posted in the Platform Discussion section of the forum. I think it would be a good idea to print out a few of these essays - I believe all of them are in .pdf format - and have them laid out for meeting attendees.

Not to put anyone down, but I would say very few party members are well-versed in the ideology behind this party. I wasn't sure about some issues until I started reading the material I posted - before I posted it. If you bring non-members to the meeting, it is very unlikely they will have a thorough understanding of the issues and arguments. As responsible members, we need to NOT have a mentallity that we want more freedom in filesharing just because we like to do it and we want more freedom in filesharing! There is a real, legitimate ideology behind what we are doing. It is not "We just want to be able to do what we want to do." Our opponents' arguments lack logic, moral sense, and integrity, and we need to demonstrate that. We have all of that on our side. Those essays will help you in your cause.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
«Print»

Jump to: