Pages: [1]   Go Down
«Print»
Author Topic: Current Events Not Public?  (Read 215 times)
Jay Frank
Forum Member

« on: August 18, 2010, 02:36:45 AM »
+1

Why is that?
What people read in this sub-forum might inspire them to join the party or at the very least join the forums and participate.
The view count on many of the articles posted here is pathetic.

J

The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.
-Plato
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 08:31:55 PM »

That's right. The public parts of the forum are those that are significant to the party; Current Events is just a place for community members to chat about what's going on. If people want to join the community, they will join the community.

The forum permissions system is set up as follows:

Concerned Citizen
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 01:59:18 PM »

I'd say it might be good to put current events available to guests. Most are links to important articles and what not that deal with the party and/or our issues.

Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.
-James Madison
Ayes
Forum Member

sharing is caring

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 05:24:12 AM »

We're transparency hounds, so we shouldn't be too ridiculous.

I'd say open up all the social forums to guests.

And it would be cool if we could get read-only access to some of the committee forums, on account of our promise of transparency.

snuck up behind him and took his Quran - he said something about burning the Quran and I was like dude you have no Quran
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 06:05:45 AM »

Any member can volunteer to join (almost) any committee. The reports produced by these volunteer-driven committees are returned to the membership to be voted upon. The stuff that happens in the middle is just semantics. Sounds pretty straightforward to me. If you're interested in a subject, volunteer to help out in that committee.
Rintaran
Federal Clerk
PPCA Representative

Open your mind to the world you missed.

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 11:29:03 AM »

I'm actually going to agree with Jay on this one. I think both the Current Events and the General Discussion sections should be open to the topic. The CE links go out to articles that demonstrate the need for our party, and how people's rights are being infringed upon as a result of some of the current laws. If people read some of these articles, it may help convince them that they should become a part of the change.  As for General Discussion... Well, it's just general discussion. It makes for a nice place for people to ask questions about the party if they're not quite sure.

I'd leave Political Discussions members only though. Too much fuel for trolling fire to be worth the alteration I think.

-Shawn R. Gray, OCT
http://www.shawngray.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up
«Print»

Jump to: