Pages: [1]   Go Down
«Print»
Author Topic: Forum mail notification: not working?  (Read 201 times)
acerix
Forum Member

« on: August 24, 2010, 12:33:38 PM »

I have yet to receive any email from this forum, also I got locked out of my previous account because I changed the email address (to try and get notifications working) and I never received the email activation so by account became deactivated.  I also try a password reset, and it's been over 24 hours and still nothing, I checked spam too. Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 05:38:07 PM »

PM me your original account name and I'll see about re-activating it. I'm not sure about the email notifications, but I'll look into it and get back to you.
acerix
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 07:45:58 PM »

Thanks, I don't need my other account, it was just as new as this one, I was just pointing out the bug.

It would be great if I could be notified of forum replies because I don't come here so often, probably the mail system just needs to be configured.

By the way, I received this spam message on PM (from okistainabalo), thought you should know:

Attn: acerix,

I am Barrister Okistain Abalo (Esq.), a legal attorney. I need your urgent assistance for the claiming of the sum of US$12 Million belonging to my client Late Engr. Frank.N. Peter, deposited in a bank at Union Due Togolaise Banque Lome Togo.

I want you to stand as the next of kin and the beneficiary for the funds because my late client died in a motor accident with his immediate family; unfortunately he died without leaving anybody to be presented to the bank as the next of kin.

I will give you more information concerning this matter and the fund, as soon as I hear from you.

Reply & include your phone number via this email address: ([redacted])

Best regards.

Barrister Okistain Abalo

Mikkel edit: removed email address, in case anyone is gullible enough to take Mr. Abalo up on his generous offer.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:05:15 PM by Mikkel Paulson »
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 09:13:03 PM »

There's no member by that name anymore, but two PMs. I just deleted them. Thanks for the heads-up.
Nuitari
Director-at-Large
PPCA Representative

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 12:36:14 PM »

You can get notifications by watching a topic, or turning on the appropriate options in your user profile.
acerix
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 03:00:31 PM »

I already had notifications on, but thanks anyways, it's working now.

And thanks for removing Mr Abalo's address, I wouldn't want him to get spammed by anyone!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
«Print»

Jump to: