Linked Events
  • WikiLeaks Special Meeting: December 07, 2021
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
«Print»
Author Topic: WikiLeaks Special Meeting - December 7, 2021  (Read 1695 times)
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« on: December 03, 2010, 03:13:43 AM »

In light of the urgency of the matter, as well as the number of related motions swamping our December 19th General Meeting, there will be a meeting on the subject open to all party members in our IRC channel on Tuesday, December 7 beginning at 8:00 PM EST, and will last for approximately 2 hours. After the meeting, transcripts will be posted online, and telephone and web voting will be available for those who were unable to attend.

Agenda:
• Mikkel Paulson to move that the Pirate Party support in principle the actions of WikiLeaks, maintaining the reservation that personal information should not be needlessly compromised by leaked information
• Travis McCrea to move that the Pirate Party join in protest in support of Wikileaks and Government Transparency on January 15th along side PPAU and other pirate parties
• Joshua Doucet to move to host a mirror for WikiLeaks

If you have any other WikiLeaks-related motions to make, please feel free to provide them in a reply to this thread.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 03:56:53 AM by Mikkel Paulson »
TravisMcCrea
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 02:04:53 AM »

Proposal to join in protest in support of Wikileaks and Government Transparency on January 15th along side PPAU and other pirate parties.
dzver
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 03:44:14 PM »

I second TravisMcCrea's "Proposal to join in protest in support of Wikileaks and Government Transparency on January 15th along side PPAU and other pirate parties."
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 12:39:13 AM »

Okay, I've added the motion to the draft agenda. I'm leaving it on the end because if we open with WikiLeaks it's likely that we'll get nothing else done.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 01:47:15 AM by Mikkel Paulson »
Joshua Doucet
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 01:00:18 AM »

I propose we move to support Wikileaks and by extension host a Mirror for Wikileaks as described here (http://46.59.1.2/mass-mirror.html).
Joshua Doucet
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »

Bumping so ppl notice
securr
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »

Seconded.
Biogrand
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 05:17:29 PM »

I also third Travis motion

When confronted with a problem: an open-minded person would first observe, analysis and act with a strategy solve to the problem.
However, a close-minded person would retort to brute force, tantrums and even hysterias when confronted with a problems
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 06:53:55 PM »

You don't actually need to second motions in the forum because they haven't been made yet. This is just me compiling an agenda for the meeting. Joshua's motion has already been added to the agenda.
Biogrand
Forum Member

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 09:40:37 PM »

Can we announce our vote and get it recorded before the meeting? In case some of us are most likely unable to make the meeting. Or do you have to be presence in the meeting to make the vote?

When confronted with a problem: an open-minded person would first observe, analysis and act with a strategy solve to the problem.
However, a close-minded person would retort to brute force, tantrums and even hysterias when confronted with a problems
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 10:20:19 PM »

Voting on the motions will be available for 7 days after the meeting online (https://vote.pirateparty.ca/) and by telephone (1-877-850-PPCA). Results of the motions won't be announced until the end of that voting period.
dzver
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 10:29:01 PM »

I propose to include in the statement a paragraph similar to outlined by trailblazer11 in the other topic:
"...It also condemns any government officials from making statement that could be construed as encouraging violence and murder just as it condemns any individual who talks about assassination and utter death threat against a person or government official. It also opposes government harassing and libelling an individual's reputation through unsubstantiated claims and extra legal means."
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 10:51:42 PM »

The actual drafting of press releases will be up to our PR team based on the direction provided at this meeting, but we'll certainly include some mention if the will of the membership is to go ahead with this.
Rintaran
Federal Clerk
PPCA Representative

Open your mind to the world you missed.

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 05:20:32 PM »

I'm glad the Wikileaks meeting is happening on its own and not during the regular meeting. Something tells me it would wipe out the other issues to be discussed at the GM.

I'll be there for 8:00pm EST, no problem.

-Shawn R. Gray, OCT
http://www.shawngray.ca
Araashan
Forum Member

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 05:57:32 PM »

Voting on the motions will be available for 7 days after the meeting online (https://vote.pirateparty.ca/) and by telephone (1-877-850-PPCA). Results of the motions won't be announced until the end of that voting period.

I checked the link, but noticed I was never given a PIN when I joined the party, only a member ID on my receipt. Is this normal?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
«Print»

Jump to: