Pages: [1]   Go Down
«Print»
Author Topic: Toronto - Let's see who we've got.  (Read 187 times)
KenHoover
Forum Member

« on: December 08, 2010, 06:35:53 PM »

Just post here if you happen to be a Torontonian Pirate. I'm attempting to gauge numbers, and will consider organizing a meeting if we have a number of members in the area.
TinyCuts
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 07:40:52 PM »

New member here. I'm in southwest Scarborough but have wheels.
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 09:47:39 PM »

We have about 200 members in the GTA, but the last Toronto meeting was while I was there in June and the only attendees were my sisters and I. If you folks can get something started there, I applaud you. Toronto Centre might be a good place to run a candidate if there's anyone in the area who might be interested.
trailblazer11
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 09:01:53 PM »

Hey, used to be from Toronto area until I moved to Manitoba. Looking forward to spending Christmas there.
KenHoover
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 09:27:40 PM »

Mikkel: Unfortunately, I'm only a Youth member, so I can't run anytime soon. And 200 members. Wow. Think I'll start calling up meeting halls.
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 12:23:14 AM »

Mikkel: Unfortunately, I'm only a Youth member, so I can't run anytime soon. And 200 members. Wow. Think I'll start calling up meeting halls.

Might be better to start with a café. We rented a classroom at the University of Ottawa a few months back because of enthusiastic feedback, but we had all of two attendees. Our Ottawa membership is about 80.
Joshua Doucet
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 12:57:40 PM »

I live in Orillia, apparently its possible to bus down to Toronto so I might be up for that if the time is right.
psema4
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 09:28:41 PM »

I'd consider coming in for a Toronto meeting.  Based on my attempts last year to get a meeting going in Hamilton, I'll second Mikkel's comment about starting with a small location that doesn't require fees... at least until there are a number of regulars.

--
Scott Elcomb
jefftheworld
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 09:59:40 PM »

I'd certainly be willing to attend.

As for my two cents on attendance, it's been my experience that meetings like this take some time to get off the ground.  If there is a nice core if people that regularly attend, then it'll be more likely to grow.

A good location is key.  The local 2600 meeting has bounced around a few times and it's current location at the Free Times Cafe is nice, but sometimes inhibits the goal of discussion.  If we can decide on what the goal for the meet-ups will be (purely social is fine if that's what we decide) then I could recommend a good place to go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
«Print»

Jump to: