Pages: [1]   Go Down
«Print»
Author Topic: Research Committee  (Read 97 times)
securr
Forum Member

« on: December 20, 2010, 03:22:29 PM »

So, Mikkel should be setting up an area for this specifically, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling. Yesterday we voted to establish a research committee whose primary goals will be researching and creating news and content for the website as well as conducting internal exploratory research for more specific policy goals and questions mandated by the Federal Council.

Topics can be fluid, but in general we want to keep them focused on the pillars of the party. So, stories on:

• Copyright and Patent Reform
  • Net Neutrality
  • Open Government
  • Privacy

Obviously this will also include things that are peripherally related - freedom of speech concerns arising from legislation that restricts access and content online, etc. The above should really only be considered as guides, and the rule of the thumb should be closer to, "Are the people who would be interested in the Pirate Party going to be interested in this as well?"

We should be looking to be informative, entertaining and reliable so people will engage with the Pirate Party's online presence more frequently and in a way that is more active.

We'll need to hammer out specific process - what we should start on first, how the information is to be presented, what kind of journalistic standards we should be using, etc. Ideally I'd like to have us researching stories early in the new year and content beginning to show up in late January.

That said, I know there were a lot of people who were interested in more general research that posted in the Volunteer forums, so I'd like to know who would be interested in generating content, what your research experience is, and if you have any topics that immediately spring to mind.

Cheers
trailblazer11
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 06:57:34 PM »

My research experience is average. Mostly research papers. Did a bit of digging on news for political analysis / critique blogs a while back. But now just blog occasionally. I will be happy to help out. If some web designer would like to help out also that would be great because we need to design an easy to navigate and visually appealing sites for news aggregation. Probably categorised by each of our main platform.
Jay Frank
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 07:37:52 PM »

I'd take this job on for $50k/year and work 50 hour weeks.
That's a lot of stickers....

J

The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.
-Plato
securr
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 01:05:04 PM »

I think your experience is perfectly fine. I'm not a professional researcher either, though it's good to have people who understand how to collect academic sources and cite appropriately (particularly using a specific citation style).
Ayes
Forum Member

sharing is caring

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 10:51:50 PM »

I have no real research experience, but I could help to gather links, resources, etc. and I have experience writing formal papers for schools, so if need be I could help with any sort of output we may want.

snuck up behind him and took his Quran - he said something about burning the Quran and I was like dude you have no Quran
Pages: [1]   Go Up
«Print»

Jump to: