Poll
Question: Do you (Generally) agree with the bolded section?
Yes.
Yes, but I have a problem with... (specify)
No, I disagree.
Not really, but that viewpoint is a somehow beneficial

Pages: [1]   Go Down
«Print»
Author Topic: The Way I See the Pirate Party - What do you think?  (Read 35 times)
Ayes
Forum Member

sharing is caring

« on: December 27, 2010, 05:43:00 AM »

The Pirate Party has a role to fill in contemporary politics.

We live in a new digital world, but our politics are out of touch. The world needs a tech-minded party for the benefit of the people. If when we fight in wars we're fighting for peace and democracy this is the inevitable future of humanity.

Pirate Party has to step up to the plate, and be the open minded, philosophical, tech-minded, internet understanding political party. We need to be champions of the new age of understanding, aided by the technological innovation of the previous generations. This is the new civil rights movement, we have hope of changing the world for the better, and making the future a better place for our children and their children. Justice, democracy, freedom.

We will be the voice of people who aren't seeing the true benefits of the technology that surrounds them. Pirate Party is the Internet & Knowledge & Technology party. Naturally, pro net neutrality, digital rights, open source, eyes on the future. We should have our finger on the pulse of all internet issues. We are the reasonable, law-abiding couch-sitting revolution.

The future has sent an e-mail to the present. Pirate Party.

This is big talk from a small man, I know, but I want to believe that these digital issues will have a voice stand up for them, and we will be that voice.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 05:47:56 AM by Ayes »

snuck up behind him and took his Quran - he said something about burning the Quran and I was like dude you have no Quran
trailblazer11
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 11:10:08 AM »

We want to be careful not to accuse people of not knowing better. Instead I think we should tap into what people can relate to then link it to show how we can solve that. You are right that  a lot of people don't understand the consequences of lots of the censorship/copyright law being passed. But the challenge will be to make them understand. Some tech challenged or older voter might say "oh they are just talking all about those computer stuff it does not affect me I don't use them much."
Biogrand
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:04:36 AM »

Well we're not the only internet political party in Canada. The online party of Canada is basically 100% internet - should be interesting on how they do in Canadian politics base on their strict discipline within the internal structure of the party.

When confronted with a problem: an open-minded person would first observe, analysis and act with a strategy solve to the problem.
However, a close-minded person would retort to brute force, tantrums and even hysterias when confronted with a problems
Pages: [1]   Go Up
«Print»

Jump to: