Linked Events
  • General Meeting: July 19, 2022
Pages: [1]   Go Down
«Print»
Author Topic: General Meeting - July 19, 2010  (Read 628 times)
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« on: July 05, 2010, 05:38:58 PM »

As always, there is a general meeting scheduled for July 19, 2022 at 8:00 PM EDT, 5:00 PM PDT.

The agenda is as follows:

Election of Jake Daynes for Candidate in Nanaimo-Alberni
Election of Craig Nobbs for Candidate in Langley
coppro to move that the report of the Constitutional Refinement Committee be read and concurred in
Nuitari to move that Sean Hunt be appointed Returning Officer in the current Directors election
MikkelPaulson to move that the mandate of the Select Committee on Electoral Strategy be extended to return its report no later than August 19, 2010, then to be disbanded
MikkelPaulson to move that the Public Relations - Help Desk Committee be disbanded
MikkelPaulson to move that the CaPT Artist Management, CaPT Technical Management, and CaPT Seeding committees be merged
MikkelPaulson to move that a standing committee be created to encourage the establishment of regional, youth, and university networks
MikkelPaulson to move that the Standing Committee on Platform Information be converted to a select committee to return its report no later than August 19th, 2010, then to be disbanded

Please let me know if I'm missing anything. A motion to call the Directors election on the 19th was passed at the last meeting, so no further vote will need to be taken.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 09:22:08 PM by Mikkel Paulson »
Sean Hunt
Meeting Chairman
PPCA Representative

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 06:06:07 PM »

It will not be a constitutional amendment but a bylaw amendment.
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 06:06:45 PM »

Thanks for the correction.
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 02:00:37 PM »

I've added two new motions. I hope that the removal of three committees will redeem me for proposing the creation of another...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:04:24 PM by Mikkel Paulson »
Nuitari
Director-at-Large
PPCA Representative

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 04:05:11 AM »

I move that coppro be appointed as Returning Officer
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 04:39:58 AM »

Added.
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 03:13:26 PM »

One of my conclusions as the only active member of the Select Committee on Electoral Strategy was that funding be allocated to my own riding. Because of the apparent conflict of interest in this matter, I have added a motion to defer the report until I am able to verify its impartiality by third-party review, and preferably attract more participation in the committee.
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 08:54:12 PM »

The official results of the motions presented at the meeting are as follows:

Election of Jake Daynes for Candidate in Nanaimo-Alberni
(conducted by secret ballot with a 2/3 majority required)
Yea: 36
Nay: 1
Abstain: 3
The motion passed.

Election of Craig Nobbs for Candidate in Langley
(conducted by secret ballot with a 2/3 majority required)
Yea: 30
Nay: 2
Abstain: 5
The motion passed.

coppro moved that the report of the Constitutional Refinement Committee be read and concurred in.
Yea: 35 (including bbigras, Chris, coppro, CraigNobbs, DLS, JakeDaynes, MikkelPaulson, shep, wackyvorlon, wasme, Zblewski)
Abstain: 2
The motion passed.

Nuitari moved that Sean Hunt be appointed Returning Officer in the current Directors election.
Yea: 30 (including bbigras, Chris, CraigNobbs, DLS, JakeDaynes, MikkelPaulson, wackyvorlon, wasme, Zblewski)
Abstain: 6 (including coppro)
The motion passed.

MikkelPaulson moved that the mandate of the Select Committee on Electoral Strategy be extended to return its report no later than August 19, 2010, then to be disbanded.
Yea: 33 (including bbigras, BobJonkman, Chris, CraigNobbs, DLS, JakeDaynes, MikkelPaulson, Zblewski)
Nay: 2
Abstain: 1
The motion passed.

MikkelPaulson moved that the Public Relations - Help Desk Committee be disbanded.
Yea: 28 (including BobJonkman, Chris, CraigNobbs, DLS, JakeDaynes, MikkelPaulson, Zblewski)
Nay: 4
Abstain: 5
The motion passed.

MikkelPaulson moved that the CaPT Artist Management, CaPT Technical Management, and CaPT Seeding committees be merged.
Yea: 32 (including CraigNobbs, DLS, JakeDaynes, MikkelPaulson, Zblewski)
Nay: 0
Abstain: 0
The motion passed.

MikkelPaulson moved that a standing committee be created to encourage the establishment of regional, youth, and university networks.
Yea: 25 (including CraigNobbs, JakeDaynes, MikkelPaulson, Zblewski)
Nay: 6 (including DLS)
The motion passed.

MikkelPaulson moved that the Standing Committee on Platform Information be converted to a select committee to return its report no later than August 19th, 2010, then to be disbanded.
Yea: 34 (including Chris, CraigNobbs, JakeDaynes, MikkelPaulson, Zblewski)
Nay: 2 (including DLS)
The motion passed.

The IRC meeting was attended by 28 members. In total, 21 votes were received by telephone.

All documents containing references to privately-cast votes, including those cast by telephone, have been destroyed.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:07:48 PM by Mikkel Paulson »
Pages: [1]   Go Up
«Print»

Jump to: