Pages: [1]   Go Down
«Print»
Author Topic: [CANDIDATE] Daniel LaSalle - Director at Large  (Read 296 times)
Daniel.LaSalle
PPCA Representative

« on: July 27, 2010, 09:01:58 PM »

Who:

Heya, my name's Dan and i'm 30yo.  I have been active in our local meetings since day 1 and i don't particularly enjoy politics.  I really enjoy music however.  I'm currently working in IT and i'm at the head of my start-up which sells IT services, computer hardware and Internet services.

I live in Montréal with my lovely wife Christine alongside our 2 cats.  I love gardening, roller skating, battling w/ Intellectual Property nonsense and i like voicing my opinion as much as i possibly can.  I also try to have an opinion on everything.  

Why:

I've been holding the title of "PR Director" since Dec. 2009 which has given me the chance to lay down dozens of interviews and promoting events for the PPCA.  I know what our Party stands for and i abide to all 4 core principles.  I am also currently working in the IP business therefore i am a direct resource on field, in the sense of education and...PR!

During my time as "PR Director" our team has managed to make the Pirate Party of Canada registered for the next federal election, we also managed to enhance our communication mechanisms greatly and with such, raised our membership numbers above 2k within a 1 year period.  Let alone the PPCA had/was nothing 1 year ago.

What:

I think the title of "Director at large" would suit me fine as it's mostly what I want to do.  Don't get me wrong, PR is fun you get VIP access and get to meet tons of great people but i'm much more diverse than just PR.

I have a lot of energy, conviction, not always all of the time in the world and i try to be as dedicated as i can.

What i'm bringing to the directors' table is:  leadership, technological experience and positive growth.

Per previously mentionned, i'm not into politics at all.  But i have the feeling that we're only at the very beginning of the "Pirate Parties bubble".  And i wanna take part in that and help in having it shaped up.

Lastly, i think that it'll be frinking AWESOME when our first elected candidate gets to walk in the parliament all dressed up like a pirate, screaming HRRRRRR!

How:

First off, endorse me here in this thread and secondly vote for me for a "Director at large" position at our next online meeting.

When:

August 19th @ 20H EST.

~DLS
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 01:11:26 PM by Sean Hunt »
kevinottawa
PPCA Representative

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 11:47:42 PM »

Second
Jake Daynes
Private Investigator
PPCA Representative

Jake - Über Cool in his PPCA kit.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 12:00:17 AM »

Seconded with pleasure. Couldn't do it without you Dan

Jake Daynes

From Port to port, From Sea to Sea
Your rights matter, You matter.
Vote Pirate
Daniel.LaSalle
PPCA Representative

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 06:59:34 AM »

Thanks a lot for your support guys.
Mike Bleskie
English PR Director
PPCA Representative

Wiara i wolność.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 12:56:16 PM »

\o/

Jay Frank
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »

I'd love to read your ideas and see your visible participation in the CRTC consultations on "Obligation To Serve".

https://www.pirateparty.ca/forum/index.php?topic=339.0

Thank you in advance for your time.

Jay

The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.
-Plato
Thomas
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 04:48:02 AM »

Heya, my name's Dan and i'm 30yo.  I have been active in our local meetings since day 1 and i don't particularly enjoy politics.

I kind of stopped reading there 
Daniel.LaSalle
PPCA Representative

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 07:05:07 AM »

I kind of stopped reading there 

LOL.
Daniel.LaSalle
PPCA Representative

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 07:06:31 AM »

I'd love to read your ideas and see your visible participation in the CRTC consultations on "Obligation To Serve".

https://www.pirateparty.ca/forum/index.php?topic=339.0

Thank you in advance for your time.

Jay

Hey Jay,

I'll try my best to post all of those answers before the meeting. into this thread  Otherwise feel free to query me on august 19th....

DLS
Daniel.LaSalle
PPCA Representative

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 04:58:16 PM »

Woot, so here's my point of view on the questions asked.  Keep in mind that i have only went over the written questions and have NOT had/took the time to watch the Youtube video.

*drum roll*

1.  Caller display, voice box and competitive pricing.  Also, i'm against private corporations using spoofed numbers.

2.  I'm confused.  Question 1 was about basic telephone services and question is about broadband Internet access.
Either way, "Outsourcing to foreign countries should definately be outlawed.  Not only does it degrade our economy as our workers are loosing jobs/working conditions but it also exposes a risk for private informations to be leaked senselessly"

3. No.  Even tho cell phones are portable and do save the trouble of cabling, monitoring is one problem.  That is, once a signal is in the air, it's for "everybody" to see.  Also, i feel much more confident running my data/voice over a wire.  Not only is the connection generally more crisp, it's also generally faster and more stable.  I do like cell phones but they aren't a replacement for lan lines, they are more like an updated business model for phones, to me.

4. Never.  My main concerns are speed, availability and confidentiality.  See my answer #3 for more infos.

5.  "Everything".  From my business needs, to setting up travel schedule, to weather forecasting to watching TV up to communication w/ my loved ones.  Let's not forget paying them bills....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
«Print»

Jump to: