Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
«Print»
Author Topic: What's your skill?  (Read 872 times)
Nuitari
Director-at-Large
PPCA Representative

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2010, 12:28:34 PM »

Very nice, I really hope we can find some people in Ottawa to run as candidates for us
Brendan M
Forum Member

Time to try on my political pants.

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2010, 08:38:49 PM »

Well, I consider myself a world class troll but that's not really of use here. I know my way around Photoshop and I consider myself pretty awesome with a camera in hand. I'm pretty good at boring tasks. I could likely stare at a wall for 3 hours with out a second thought. I work full time all week but weekends I have a lot of free time... a lot. Overall  I can hold my own on the artsy side of things.
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2010, 08:48:58 PM »

Video or still camera?
Brendan M
Forum Member

Time to try on my political pants.

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2010, 09:15:29 PM »

I love doing both , although I likely have spent more time doing stills.
securr
Forum Member

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 09:43:54 PM »

After reading this list, and seeing the number of people interested in it, I think a research committee should be established. It's important that the Pirate Party be kept abreast of news and new research involved in intellectual property and copyright, as well as someone who can delve into its history to provide members (particularly candidates) with talking points and guide policy decisions.

It also might be helpful to do this in order to provide content for the pirate party website. The more traffic we can generate, and the more we are seen as a source of information for the public, the more visible we become as a political force.

I'd be more than happy to volunteer my time in this endeavor.
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 10:31:42 PM »

I agree. Mike has some researchers involved in the PR committee, but perhaps we should set up a research subcommittee for that. If nothing else, it would be nice to find out about developments firsthand so we have a chance to issue press releases while the media is still compiling its stories rather than after the fact.
securr
Forum Member

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2010, 04:46:07 PM »

Agreed. It's important for community engagement. I think the more when can blend the political elements of our website with providing a steady stream on content the stronger, and more capable, we look. Certainly research for PR purposes is necessary, but we should look into generating our media as well. Not just media that is promotional, but informative.

How should we start the ball rolling?
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, 06:06:12 PM »

Perhaps we should establish a standing committee for this. There's nothing to stop people from doing this stuff independently, but there's really no sort of support at the moment…
securr
Forum Member

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 05:24:23 PM »

I agree. I think a more coordinated and defined effort is necessary.
KenHoover
Forum Member

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2010, 04:34:38 PM »

Hey, I'm new to the forums. The name's Ken Hoover, and I'm currently a high school student in Markham, ON. I'm a fairly good photographer, and know my way around most of Adobe's suite, with InDesign, Photoshop, and Flash being specialties. If there's anything I can help with, I'll be happy to.
chiggsy
Forum Member

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2010, 10:26:52 PM »

Hi all, I signed up for PP this summer.  I was disturbed then and things have steadily gotten worse.  I'd like to be part of the solution. 
So: 

Skills:
System Administration, Unix, linux, freeBSD , Mac OSx
Programming: python, lua , Perl, shell
Web backend programming.
Security issues for the above.

TinyCuts
Forum Member

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2010, 08:14:19 PM »

Hello every. I've only recently joined but really want to help in whatever way I can. We are at a critical point in history where the governments, corporations and citizens of the world are battling it out over the free flow of information. My professional knowledge probably won't be of much help however as I'm an automotive technician. If there is anything I can do let me know.
Mikkel Paulson
Party Leader
PPCA Representative

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2010, 09:42:09 PM »

Hello every. I've only recently joined but really want to help in whatever way I can. We are at a critical point in history where the governments, corporations and citizens of the world are battling it out over the free flow of information. My professional knowledge probably won't be of much help however as I'm an automotive technician. If there is anything I can do let me know.

Oddly enough, there may be. There is a motion coming up on the 19th to form a committee to study the possibility of buying an old bus to travel cross-country during the next election. Your expertise may be quite useful, if you'd be interested in participating in that.
TinyCuts
Forum Member

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2010, 08:09:31 PM »

I'd definitely be interested. I'll be sure to attend the meeting on the 19th. Thanks
Daniel St Onge
Forum Member

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2010, 10:29:28 PM »

I have a Political Science BA and a Master's in Public Administration so I've done my fair of research and writing. I'm in the Digby NS area, so I could help with meet ups.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
«Print»

Jump to: